ADVERT ID 182985
Senior Lecturer in Business
South Circular Road
Higher & Further Education
Thu Oct 27 2022 12:59:27
Application Closing Date:
Wed Nov 30 2022
Status of Post:
Number of Vacancies:
Senior Lecturer in Business
Griffith College Dublin
JOB TITLE: Senior Lecturer in Business
Faculty of Business
REPORTING TO: Head of the Faculty of Business
HOURS OF WORK: 9.00 am – 5.30 pm. Monday – Friday
Additional hours as may be required.
The lecturer is primarily responsible for the delivery and assessment of assigned modules and is expected to play a very active role in the academic direction of modules and programmes including teaching, learning, assessment and administration.
The role also includes Year Head duties with responsibility for the smooth running of a specific stage within an academic programme .
The primary role of the Year Head to facilitate:
- The smooth delivery of programmes
- Better communication among the Faculty members, both full and part time
- Better communication between the Faculty and learners
- Resolution to problems raised by learners and/or lecturers
- Feedback for academic support and development
Main responsibilities for position are to:
• Deliver business management related modules
• Coordinate the smooth delivery of modules across a particular Year(s)
• Work proactively in improving existing programmes
• Contribute to the design and development of new courses and programmes.
• Engage with other Year Heads and Programme Directors on a regular basis and address concerns in a timely manner.
• Carry out assessment, monitoring and evaluation of examination and coursework, and providing an academic guidance and consultative support to students
• Provide assistance to students as required in a timely manner.
• Participate in internal departmental and multi-disciplinary committees and external meetings as required.
• Manage the development/delivery of course syllabi
• Review courses/modules on a semesterised/ annual basis and contribute to the Annual Programme Review
• Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of academic quality assurance policies
• Participate in activities related to the development of the Faculty’s programmes
• Maintain the academic integrity of the business courses.
• Deliver such assigned lectures/tutorials as deemed appropriate by your Head of Faculty, day, blended or evening. For each module you are delivering, you are required to correct all assignments and examination scripts submitted.
• Meet with students to discuss progress and performance, problems, etc
• Review student queries regarding coursework, exams, grades, etc
Administration & Marketing
• Attend and contribute at Exam Board meetings
• Liaise with Admissions and International Office re new entrants
• Participate in Open Evenings and other College promotional events
Overall the successful candidates will be expected to make a significant contribution to the teaching profile of the College and:
• Possess a Level 9 postgraduate qualification in business/management .
• Be highly organised with meticulous attention to detail.
• Have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Be committed to educational quality and customer service.
• Willing to work effectively as part of an integrated team in the Business Faculty
• Hold a Teaching and Learning qualification, if not, the applicant will be required to undertake the Colleges level 9 Training & Education programme on appointment.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline of proposed areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing environment within the Faculty and the College.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Covering Letter
Applications may be submitted by
SHARE THIS ADVERT