FAQ for Sub Seeker Advertisers
- What is Sub Seeker?
- How do I register for Sub Seeker? I have an EducationPosts.ie account.
- How do I register for Sub Seeker? I don’t have an EducationPosts.ie account.
- What if I've forgotten my EducationPosts.ie password?
- How do I search for a substitute teacher for my school?
- I have a temporary vacancy for more than seven days. How can I find a substitute teacher for this?
- How do I offer a substitute teaching position to a Job Seeker?
- How will I know if there are no substitute teachers available?
- Is Sub Seeker available to Special Needs Assistance (SNAs)?
- How do I get assistance with Sub Seeker?
1. What is Sub Seeker?
Sub Seeker is a service within EducationPosts.ie which facilitates the short-term recruitment of Teaching Council-registered teachers by DES schools in both primary and post primary schools.
- Immediate sub vacancies over the next 7 days
- Automatic registration for schools that have advertised on EducationPosts.ie
- Free service to all DES schools – primary & post-primary
- Mobile compatible
- Validation of Teaching Council Registration Number
- View profile of available subs – availability, experience & qualifications
- Send offers and receive responses via the portal – emails created automatically
2. How do I register for Sub Seeker? I have an EducationPosts.ie account.
On your EducationPosts.ie Advertiser Dashboard, select ‘Sub Seeker’ and the school (Roll Number) for which you are seeking a substitute teacher..
3. How do I register for Sub Seeker? I don’t have an EducationPosts.ie account.
To use Sub Seeker, you must be a DES school and have an account on EducationPosts.ie. If you have not placed an EducationPosts.ie advert previously, your account will need to be verified by the EducationPosts.ie Support Team. Job Advertisers can create an account by either selecting the ‘Register as a Job Advertiser’ button on the home page or by selecting ‘Register’ in the search bar. You can then follow the steps to create a Job Advertiser’s account..
4. What if I've forgotten my EducationPosts.ie password?
Click on the 'Forgot Password' link on EducationPosts.ie. This is located directly below the log-in registration section. Enter your email address and click submit. An email will be sent to you that will enable you to reset your password. Please check your junk/spam folder as this email may sometimes be redirected..
5. How do I search for a substitute teacher for my school?
Once you log into your EducationPosts.ie Advertiser Dashboard, access Sub Seeker on the right hand side of the screen. To find a substitute teacher, select 'Find a Sub' and enter the county or counties you would like to search, the relevant subjects and required dates. As Sub Seeker is designed for short-term substitute vacancies, you can select a maximum of seven days. If the substitute vacancy is longer than seven days, follow these steps.
Job Seekers with availability and relevant experience will be displayed in the 'Available Subs' results. The Job Seekers who best match your search criteria will be displayed at the top of the list. These Job Seekers may have relevant availability or qualifications at the chosen level, or have experience teaching your chosen subjects.
6. I have a temporary vacancy for more than seven days. How can I find a substitute teacher for this?
To advertise substitute vacancies longer than seven days’ duration, please use EducationPosts.ie.
7. How do I offer a substitute teaching position to a Job Seeker?
To make an offer, select ‘View Profile’ for the preferred Job Seeker, then select ‘Send Offer Email’. The Job Seeker will be notified of your offer via Sub Seeker and also by email. The status of your offer will be updated on your Sub Seeker dashboard and you will also receive email notification when your offer has been accepted or declined.
To protect the accuracy and integrity of Sub Seeker information, it is essential that Job Advertisers send offer emails, and Job Seekers accept job offers through Sub Seeker. This also ensures Job Advertisers’ search history is accurate.
8. How will I know if there are no substitute teachers available?
If there are no substitute teachers available for your chosen date(s), you will be notified of this and advised to widen your search options. If you fail to find a suitable Job Seeker for the position, please let us know by choosing an option from the dropdown menu under ‘No Suitable Subs’.
9. Is Sub Seeker available to Special Needs Assistance (SNAs)?
Phase 1 of Sub Seeker is designed for substitute teachers at primary and post primary levels.
Once Garda vetting arrangements for SNAs have been resolved such that vetting is valid across all schools, Phase 2 will extend Sub Seeker to SNAs. SNAs and schools will be notified when that functionality is available.
10. How do I get assistance with Sub Seeker?
Sub Seeker is an online service with online support. To contact the Sub Seeker Support Team, email email@example.com. Please note, queries are answered in order of receipt during working hours – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (excluding Bank Holidays and when otherwise notified).