FAQ for Jobseekers
- How do I create a Job Seekers Account?
- What if I've forgotten my password?
- What is a Job Seekers Dashboard?
- How do I search for vacancies posted on EducationPosts.ie?
- Can I have email alerts sent directly to my email inbox for new job posts?
- Can I save jobs and return to view them later?
- How do I apply for vacancies advertised on EducationPosts.ie?
- Where do I source the Standard Application Form required for some job posts at primary level?
- What is the purpose of the ‘My CV’ facility?
- Is EducationPosts.ie a recruitment agency?
- How do I find out what qualifications I need to teach in a primary school in Ireland?
- How do I delete my EducationPosts.ie account?
- What is the Job Share Notice Board?
- If I have a query, how do I contact EducationPosts.ie
1. How do I create a Job Seekers Account?
Job Seekers can create an account by either
selecting the ‘Register as a Job Seeker’ button on the home page or by
selecting ‘Register’ in the search bar. You can then follow the steps to create
a Job Seekers account.
2. What if I've forgotten my password?
Click on the 'Forgot Password' link.
This is located directly below the log-in registration section. Enter your
email address and click submit. An email will be sent to you that will
enable you to reset your password. Please check your junk/spam folder as
this email may sometimes be redirected.
3. What is a Job Seekers Dashboard?
Once a job seeker has created an account, you
will be provided with a personalised dashboard within your account. This will
allow you to easily view key features of the site relevant to job seekers. You
can view and amend your Personal Details, view your Saved Jobs, register or
amend your Email Alerts Subscription, register for Sub Seeker, avail of the CV template and register for
Newsletters from EducationPosts.ie containing relevant education information.
4. How do I search for vacancies posted on EducationPosts.ie?
To view adverts on EducationPosts.ie go to the
‘Search’ tab on the horizontal menu tool bar. Scroll and click through to
the relevant category. Please note that job seekers will not be able
to view the content of the adverts until they have registered with the
site. You can also avail of the Search function on the home
page. You can search for posts according to level, county / country,
Status of Post and Category of Vacancy. You can also filter by subject at
5. Can I have email alerts sent directly to my email inbox for new job posts?
You can subscribe to receive job post email
alerts that match the criteria you specify. Once you have
successfully registered with the site, log-in and select ‘My Account’ from the
search bar. Within your dashboard view, select ‘Email Alert Subscription’. You
can then select the job post vacancy types that you would like to receive, such
as by county / location, level, Category of Vacancy and subject.
6. Can I save jobs and return to view them later?
Yes, once you are logged in you can save jobs to
your dashboard view and return to view them later. You can save jobs in the
search table view by selecting the active button to the right hand side of the
advert and then select ‘Add to my saved jobs’. You can also save jobs within a
specific job post advert view by selecting the middle button ‘Save this job to
7. How do I apply for vacancies advertised on EducationPosts.ie?
All jobs advertised on EducationPosts.ie will
specify the application requirements and means to apply on each individual
advert (such as via post, email, online application, etc). You cannot apply for
advertised job posts directly on EducationPosts.ie.
8. Where do I source the Standard Application Form required for some job posts at primary level?
The Standard Application Form for principals,
teachers, resource teachers and Special Needs Assistants are located in the
Resources tab of the site by selecting ‘Application Forms’.
9. What is the purpose of the ‘My CV’ facility?
The 'My CVs' facility within the Job Seekers
dashboard is for use by registered job seekers only. The purpose of the
facility is to enable job seekers to create a CV using an easy-to-use
template then save it to your account. You can then download it and either
print it or email it to potential employers. Note: Potential employers do NOT
have access to any CVs stored on the site.
10. Is EducationPosts.ie a recruitment agency?
EducationPosts.ie is not a recruitment agency,
but provides a facility for schools / organisations to advertise vacancies
online and for job seekers to search for vacancies.
11. How do I find out what qualifications I need to teach in a primary school in Ireland?
The Teaching Council is the professional body
for teaching in Ireland and regulates standards in the profession at both
primary and post primary level. The council addresses all queries
concerning eligibility and qualifications to teach in Ireland. Key website
links can be accessed via the ‘About’ tab on the horizontal menu tool
bar. The website address for the Teaching Council is www.teachingcouncil.ie.
12. How do I delete my EducationPosts.ie account?
Ensure you are logged into your account and go
to your dashboard view. Select ‘My Account’ from the top right. You can then
select ‘Delete My Account’.
13. What is the Job Share Notice Board?
The Job Share Notice Board allows you to search and advertise job share positions across Ireland. A school name and roll number are required to post an advertisement. If you are not currently working in a school, you will have to use a generic roll number to publish the advert, e.g. 01234A.
EducationPosts.ie is not recruitment agency, but provides a facility for schools/organisations to advertise vacancies online and for Job Seekers to search for vacancies. If you have queries relating to Job Shares, you can contact the Department of Education and Skills, or the INTO for further assistance.
14. How do I delete my EducationPosts.ie account?
Ensure you are logged into your account and go to your dashboard view. Select ‘My Account’ from the top right. You can then select ‘Delete My Account’.